How to reduce the energy consumption of injection molding
- Time of issue:2021-03-15 16:40
How to reduce the energy consumption of injection molding
(Summary description)For an injection molding factory, the energy consumption of the injection molding process accounts for about 60%. Therefore, effectively reducing the energy consumption of the injection molding machine is an important way to save energy in the injection molding factory. With the continuous improvement of the energy-saving technology of the injection molding machine itself, reducing the overall energy consumption of the injection molding plant requires a comprehensive consideration from the aspects of production management, processing technology and materials, and supporting facilities for the production workshop. (1) The layout of the production workshop The production workshop layout focuses on two aspects: to meet the production requirements, while optimizing the layout according to the production process, it also meets the requirements for flexible energy use under specific production conditions. 1. Power supply, while meeting the power required for stable production
- Time of issue:2021-03-15 16:40
For an injection molding factory, the energy consumption of the injection molding process accounts for about 60%. Therefore, effectively reducing the energy consumption of the injection molding machine is an important way to save energy in the injection molding factory. With the continuous improvement of the energy-saving technology of the injection molding machine itself, reducing the overall energy consumption of the injection molding plant requires a comprehensive consideration from the aspects of production management, processing technology and materials, and supporting facilities for the production workshop.
(1) Production workshop
The layout of the production workshop focuses on two considerations: to meet production requirements, while optimizing the layout according to the production process, it also meets the requirements for flexible energy use under specific production conditions.
1. Power supply, while meeting the power required for stable production, has a proper margin, so that the excess margin will not cause excessive non-functional consumption.
2. Build efficient cooling water circulation facilities and equip the cooling water system with effective insulation and heat preservation systems.
3. Optimize the overall production layout of the workshop. Many productions have sequential process coordination, and reasonable coordination can reduce the time required for turnover and energy consumption, and improve production efficiency.
4. Try to consider the most effective small units for separate control of lighting and other plant equipment.
5. Perform regular maintenance on workshop equipment to avoid damage to public facilities that affects normal operations of production and increases energy consumption.
(2) Injection molding machine
The injection molding machine is a big energy consumer in the injection workshop, and the energy consumption is mainly the motor and the heating.
1. Select the appropriate injection molding machine according to the characteristics of the product. "Big horse-drawn trolley" injection molding process often means a lot of energy waste.
2. All-electric injection molding machines and hybrid injection molding machines are selected, which have excellent energy-saving effects, which can save energy by 20-80%.
3. The use of new heating technologies, such as electromagnetic induction heating, infrared heating, etc., can achieve 20-70% heating energy saving.
4. Use effective insulation measures for heating and cooling systems to reduce heat and cold losses.
5. Keep the transmission parts of the equipment well lubricated and reduce the increase in energy consumption caused by increased friction or unstable equipment operation.
6. Use low-compression hydraulic oil to reduce the waste of working energy in the hydraulic system.
7. The use of parallel action, multi-cavity injection, multi-component injection and other processing technologies can significantly save energy.
8. The traditional mechanical hydraulic injection molding machine also has a variety of energy-saving drive systems, which replace the traditional quantitative pump mechanical hydraulic injection molding machine with a significant energy-saving effect.
9. Regularly maintain the heating and cooling pipelines to ensure that there are no impurities or scale blockages in the pipelines, and to achieve the designed heating and cooling efficiency.
10. Ensure that the injection molding machine is in good working condition. Unstable processing may result in defective products and increase energy consumption.
11. Ensure that the equipment used is suitable for the product being processed. For example, special screws are often used for PVC processing.
(3) Injection mold
Mold structure and mold conditions often have a significant impact on the injection molding cycle and processing energy consumption.
1. Reasonable mold design, including runner design, gate type, number of cavities, heating and cooling water channels, etc., all help reduce energy consumption.
2. The use of hot runner molds can not only save materials and reduce the energy consumption of material recovery, but the molding process itself also has a significant energy-saving effect.
3. The profiling quick-cooling and quick-heating molds can significantly save processing energy consumption and achieve better surface quality.
4. Ensure that each cavity is filled in a balanced manner, which helps to shorten the molding cycle, ensure the uniformity of product quality, and has an excellent energy-saving effect.
5. The use of CAE-aided design technology for mold design, mold flow analysis and simulation can reduce the energy consumption of mold debugging and multiple mold repairs.
6. Under the premise of ensuring product quality, using a lower clamping force for molding can help extend the life of the mold, facilitate the rapid filling of the mold, and help save energy.
7. Do a good job in mold maintenance to ensure effective heating and cooling water channels.
(4) Peripheral equipment
1. Choose the auxiliary equipment suitable for the ability, which not only meets the requirements of the work, but also does not have too much affluence.
2. Do a good job in equipment maintenance to ensure that the equipment is in normal working condition. Auxiliary equipment that does not work properly can cause unstable production and even poor quality parts, resulting in increased energy consumption.
3. Optimize the coordination and operation sequence of the host and peripheral equipment.
4. Optimize the mutual position of peripheral equipment and production equipment, and keep the peripheral equipment as close to the host as possible without affecting the operating conditions.
5. Many auxiliary equipment manufacturers provide systems that provide energy on demand, which can achieve significant energy savings.
6. Use quick mold change equipment to reduce the waiting time required to switch products in production.
Different material processing consumes different energy, and at the same time, poor management of materials or improper management of recycled materials will increase production energy consumption.
1. On the premise of meeting product performance, materials with lower processing energy consumption should be selected first.
2. Under the conditions of satisfying performance and cost optimization, preferentially select high-fluidity materials.
3. Note that materials from different suppliers may have different process conditions.
4. The material is dried, it is best to use it as it is dried, so as to avoid the material returning to moisture after drying and wasting energy.
5. Do a good job of material storage to prevent the material from being mixed with impurities or foreign objects, which will eventually cause defective products.
6. Some products are allowed to add a certain amount of recycled materials, but attention should be paid to the preservation and cleanliness of recycled materials to avoid defective parts due to unclean materials.
(6) Processing technology
1. On the premise of meeting the product performance, use the shortest molding cycle.
2. If there are no special factors, use the processing technology recommended by the supplier for processing as much as possible.
3. For specific products and molds, all stable equipment and process parameters are saved to shorten the adjustment time when the next production replacement is performed.
4. Optimize the process, adopt lower clamping force, shorter cooling time and pressure holding time.
(7) Adopt new technology
1. Adopt auxiliary molding technology, such as gas-assisted, liquid-assisted, steam-assisted, micro-foam injection molding technology, etc.
2. Adopt a unitized molding scheme to reduce intermediate links.
3. Adopt new technologies such as in-mold welding, in-mold spraying, in-mold assembly, and in-mold decoration.
4. The use of new low-pressure molding technology shortens the molding cycle and reduces the melt temperature at the same time.
5. Adopt energy regeneration system.
(8) Production management
1. One-time production of high-quality products, reducing the defect rate is the greatest energy saving.
2. The maintenance of the entire production system is closely related to energy consumption. This involves not only the host, but also peripherals and factory equipment, such as if